Log In Using Clef
February 28, 2017
- Improved sidebar order form provides a more efficient arrangement for more intuitive and efficient trading. (view demo)
- Improvement to Stop-Limit orders to support the "hidden" option. Stop-Limit orders were introduced on February 9th and combine a stop order and a limit order.
- Improved order editing. You can now modify your active orders without losing their priority in the order book unless the amount of the order is increased or the price is changed.
- Visualize where your funding bids and offers are in the funding book, and how much of the funding book depth you are providing.
- Add support for Chinese Simplified. Supported languages now include English, Russian, Chinese Traditional, and Chinese Simplified. (view demo)
- The legacy order form in the main content area of the site will be deprecated and is no longer receiving updates. Please switch to the sidebar order form (from Account > Interface > Layout) to get the latest updates and order types.
- Require two-factor authentication on more account settings changes (in addition to the existing email verification).
- Order type information and guides are now accessible directly from the sidebar order form's order type select dropdown.
- New language select menu in the top-right corner of the Bitfinex.com
- Improved detection and handling of an expired session.
- Various improvements and adjustments.
- Rest V2 route changes (documentation)
- v2/auth/wallets -> /v2/auth/r/wallets
- v2/auth/orders -> /v2/auth/r/orders
- v2/auth/positions -> /v2/auth/r/positions
- v2/auth/offers -> /v2/auth/r/offers
- v2/auth/margin -> /v2/auth/r/margin
- v2/auth/funding -> /v2/auth/r/funding
- v2/auth/stats -> /v2/auth/r/stats
- v2/auth/alerts -> /v2/auth/r/alerts
- v2/auth/alert/set -> /v2/auth/w/alert/set
- v2/auth/alert/delete -> /v2/auth/w/alert/delete
February 09, 2017
- Substantial performance improvements to the trading engine.
- New 'Stop Limit' order type. A Stop Limit order combines a stop order and a limit order, placing a limit order at its limit price after its stop price has been reached.
- New feature for auto-renew funding to set a maximum amount of your funding to auto-renew.
- Ability to easily update funding bids and offers
- Improved sidebar Balances widget to quickly transfer between wallets and see ledger entries (demo).
- Improved sidebar Summary widget to see in-depth Tradable Balance calculations for margin trading and an option to view a Funding Summary (demo).
- Improved "Buy All" and "Sell All" feature on the order form (demo).
- You can now enter crypto withdrawals in terms of USD if you prefer (demo).
- Orders filterable by 'Bid', 'Ask', or 'All'.
- Order History filterable by 'Canceled', 'Executed', or 'All'.
- Select custom date ranges for reports and exports.
- Orders are now automatically grouped by trading pair, group ID, and complex order types.
- Stability improvements to the chart.
- Various interface improvements and adjustments.
December 09, 2016
- Trading - Engine
- Major improvements to the trading engine internals allow for even greater reliability.
- Efficiency improvements increase maximum trades-per-second capacity 1,000%.
- Support for new, more complex order types (coming soon).
- Trading - OTC
- Beta release of over-the-counter (OTC) trading. This enables traders to organize larger trades that circumvent the public order book. Log in and go to bitfinex.com/otc to get started.
- Trading - APIs
- Trading - Algorithmic Orders
- New order type: Scaled Orders. Easily place many orders of a price range (demo).
- More algorithmic order types to be enabled in the coming days.
- Trading - Interface
- To reduce redundancy and improve efficient trading, the Exchange section has been merged into the Trading section.
- Quickly select between exchange and leveraged trades from the order form (demo).
- New option for visualizing the order book depth (demo).
- Save time by navigating directly to any trading pair or funding currency (demo).
- Chart Tools
- Customizing your chart indicators, layout, and customization will now be saved automatically. Set your charts just how like like them.
- Check the state of your leveraged positions quickly by seeing your positions and liquidation prices directly on the chart.
- Ability to close positions from the chart.
- Interface - Wallets
- Renamed "Trading Wallet" to "Margin Wallet".
- Renamed "Deposit Wallet" to "Funding Wallet".
- Platform Demo
- New "Demo" ability from the landing page, or by visiting bitfinex.com/demo when not logged in. This allows non-logged in users to explore the trading interface without having to sign up or log in.
- New: Security feature to block password reset attempts from non-whitelisted IP addresses for accounts using IP whitelists.
- New: The trading volumes are shown as the BTC equivalent in some places to better compare between pairs.
- New: Sidebar elements collapsible to save space or improve privacy in public places (demo).
- New: Ability to toggle the "hidden" property of existing orders when modifying them.
- New: The auto-renew setting for providing funding requires a 30 USD equivalent balance now (was 10 USD).
- New: "Buy All" and "Sell All" buttons on the margin trading from help calculate order amounts based on tradable balance.
- Improved: Improved Features, Security, Stats, and Landing pages.
- Improved: Better handling of "cancel all" actions on funding offers.
- Improved: Confirmation dialogs.
- Improve: Funding tickers.
- Various platform fixes and optimizations.
November 03, 2016
- Interface - Chart Tools
- New chart powered by TradingView (demo).
- Dozens of indicators and drawing tools.
- Save chart layouts.
- View and modify your orders.
- Adjustable height for larger screens.
- Interface - Tickers & Navigation
- New interface for viewing tickers and navigating (demo).
- Set favorites to easily monitor and navigate.
- Fear change? Can be switched back to old tickers from the Interface page.
- Interface - Sidebar
- Trading and Funding form moved to the sidebar (demo).
- More efficient design for easier trading.
- Replace orders in one step instead of having to cancel and create new.
- View your orders on the chart, with the ability to click/drag to modify/cancel orders (demo) (configurable from Interface page).
- Price Alerts
- Set price alerts by clicking a price point in the order book, or from the Notifications page (demo).
- Triggered price alerts will also send a notification to your iOS or Android device if you have the new version of the Bitfinex mobile app.
- View and manage price alerts on the chart (configurable from Interface page).
- Desktop notifications (configurable from Interface page).
- New notices dropdown. Mark items as read when you're ready (demo).
- Place funding bids and offers at an offset above or below the Flash Return Rate (demo). These rates have a dynamic rate in the funding book, but are matched at a static rate (more developments coming soon).
- New: Option to show/hide your orders and alerts on the chart (configurable from Interface page).
- New: In addition to total balances in the sidebar balances overview, also show the current available balances for each currency and wallet.
- New: Sidebar layout can be left or right (configurable from Interface page).
- New: Subtle charts on landing page
- New: Visualize how close your deposits are to being credited based on the number of confirmations the transaction has and requires.
- New: You orders are grouped by pair and are collapsible (demo).
- Improved: Dark theme. Select between the dark and light theme from the Interface page.
- Improved: Re-size on-page toast messages. Optimized to make use of space. Smarter logic to prevent showing unnecessary toasts.
- Improved: Canceling all orders when viewing a filtered subset of your orders.
- Improved: Signup page.
- Improved: Rest API performance.
- Improved: Interface for changing a positions funding type, closing a position and claiming a position.
- Various platform fixes and optimizations.
September 15, 2016
- Margin Funding
- Convert funding book and all funding sections to real time WebSockets data.
- New funding trades added to the interface. Toggleable between public funding trades and your funding trades (demo dark, light).
- Tickers Interface / Nav
- Click on a ticker to navigate to that pair for trading (demo dark, light).
- Manage which pairs to include in the header from Interface > Tickers (demo dark, light).
- Sidebar Interface
- Moved balance overview widget from header to the sidebar (demo dark, light).
- New option to show your "market" USD equivalent balance. This will include your unrealized P/L and position swap cost in the calculation (demo dark, light).
- The sidebar will follow you down the page when you scroll (demo dark, light).
- Trading Interface
- New option to move the trading form to the sidebar. Manage from Interface > Order Forms (demo dark, light)
- New option to include rows in the order book for price points that have zero order count. This creates a more meaningful visual comparison between the relative depth of bids versus asks in the order book. Manage from Interface > Order Books (demo dark, light).
- New margin funding option to keep taken funding open when it is done being used in a margin position.
- New margin funding option to renew individual funding offers.
- New Careers page.
- New security setting to choose if your session should be kept alive. Manage from Security > Session.
- New toast notification when a new deposit arrives.
- New toast notification when a deposit completes.
- New page to show trading history.
- New page to show funding trades history.
- New rest API endpoint to get funding trades history (/funding_trades/:symbol).
- Improve interface of flash messages on public pages.
- Improve interface rounding on some numbers.
- Improve handling of navigation errors.
- Improve "quick ledger" widget.
- Add a close button on each toast notice.
- Log more user actions to Account > Change History.
- Simplify some wording and titles in the interface for a cleaner experience.
- More efficient interface handling of order book data during high activity.
- We have brought our interface to use websockets on both ports 3000 and 3120, so it might be required to whitelist port 3120 on your firewalls. Port 3120 will be dismissed in one week
- Various fixes and optimizations.
July 07, 2016
- Interface - Quickly access balance history by currency or wallet by clicking on the values in the balance overview in the top right corner of the page when logged in (demo).
- Trading - Improve showing active orders in the order book. Your active limit, stop, and trailing stop orders will be shown in the order book. Hovering on the active order row will animate the icon in the book (demo).
- Margin Funding - New toggle to auto-renew individual bids, offers and Funding Provided (demo).
- Improve email delivery speed and reliability
- Various platform improvements and bug fixes
June 29, 2016
- New "Inactive Orders" section (below "Active Orders" on Exchange and Margin Trading) (demo dark | light).
- Move Advanced Funding Options to a check box toggle on the Margin Trading order form (demo)
- New on-site page for confirming security setting changes from confirmation email link (demo dark | light).
- Option to use token or SMS for two-factor authentication when both are enabled (demo).
- Optimize order book depth visualization animations. New toggle button on order book (demo).
- Faster initial page load.
- Margin Funding interface improvements. New setting to filter by the currently active currency (demo).
- Margin Funding form updated to be similar to the trading form (demo dark | light)
- Easily filter orders by context and pair (demo)
- Improvements to dark theme. Make the dark theme active by default. Change your preference from Interface.
- New setting to receive an email as soon as a new deposit arrives on Notifications > Emails (demo)
- New setting to choose the default funding type (Term or Daily) for new positions on Account > Margin Funding (demo).
- Merchant Tools - New section on Account, "Merchant Tools", for enabling Auto Orders and Auto Withdrawals (demo)
- Improve design on public pages
- Added deposits and withdrawals reports to Reports page
- New page with auto withdrawal processing info at /withdraw/greenline
- Add geoIP info to the "welcome" flash message shown upon login
- Fix inconsistent sidebar initialization
- Fix infinite redirect loop when disabling currencies and pairs.
- Various small improvements and bug fixes.
May 24, 2016
- Ethereum - Enabled Ether withdrawals to smart contract addresses.
- API - Speed improvements to some REST endpoints.
- Optimizations to improve browser performance and memory usage.
- New setting on Interface > Tables to show only your orders for the current pair.
- New report, Margin Funding Earnings
- Improved "New Login" email.
- Improve Change History section on the Account page.
- Add more information the the Login History report.
- Improve some notifications and toasts.
- Improve button submit interactions.
- Improve typography for some headers.
- Improve two-factor authentication check for submitting a new withdrawal.
- Remove "/pages/" from some page paths to simplify urls.
- Platform stability improvements.
- Various small improvements and bug fixes.
May 10, 2016
- New setting on Security > Withdrawals to lock all withdrawals for 24 hours and receive an email notice when a new IP address is used to log into your account.
- Receive an email when two-factor authentication is disabled on your account.
- New section "Change History" on Account page for reviewing activity and settings changes.
- New toggle to switch between viewing market trades or your trades (view demo).
- New setting to change the order book column order. Quick change (view demo) or modify the setting on Interface > Order Book.
- API - New REST authenticated call /summary (documentation).
- New Notifications page - /notifications
- Two new notification sound options: "ping up" (preview) and "ping down" (preview).
- New setting to choose separate notification sounds for partial order executions and full order executions (view demo).
- New setting for price change notifications (experimental) (view demo).
- New setting to receive an email when your orders fully execute (view demo).
- New setting to receive an email when your margin funding bids/offers fill (view demo).
- Add one additional level of price aggregation on order books. For example BTCUSD can now be aggregated by 100 increments, etc (view demo).
- Add new help menu to top right corner of page.
- Add language preference setting to Account page.
- New helper for selecting many adjacent rows in the "Funding Used in Margin Position" table (view demo).
- Moved email settings from Account page to Notifications page.
- Moved toast notification settings from Interface page to Notificiations page.
- Moved sound settings from Interface page to Notifications page.
- Migrate blog to Wordpress http://blog.bitfinex.com/.
- Improve layout of Market Stats page. Break trading volume out by pair.
- Improve performance of book depth visualization.
- Fix intermittent bug in trading sidebar display.
- Fix handling of multiple notice modals being triggered at once.
- Various small interface improvements and bug fixes.
April 20, 2016
- Margin Funding - Add rate aggregation controls to funding book (view demo)
- Improved and simplified account menu dropdown (view demo)
- New, cleaner layout for deposits and withdrawals (view demo)
- New, cleaner layout and navigation for account pages (view demo)
- Ability to update the permissions of existing API keys (view demo)
- New optional "use_remaining" parameter (bool) for the REST API replace order call (/order/cancel/replace) will use the amount of the canceled order as the amount of the new order
- Data Exporting
- New interface for exporting data (view demo)
- Added exporting of withdrawal and deposit history
- Added "available balances" box on withdrawal form interface (view demo)
- Improved navigation experience on mobile
- Each deposit and withdrawal now has it's own permalink. Notification emails now include a direct link to the relevant deposit or withdrawal.
- Added SMS as a valid method for two-factor authentication during password resets
- New "Interface" settings page
- Added link to the Bitfinex Blog in footer
- Faster navigation on deposit and withdrawal pages
- Improve reliability of margin funding interface
- Moved announcements from /pages/announcements to /posts
- Moved /managewallets to /wallets
- Miscellaneous platform, stability, and trading engine optimizations
- Various small interface improvements and bug fixes