In response to customer demand, we're pleased to announce the launch of a sub-account feature, which will allow multiple trading accounts to be set up within a single organization and provide control access on an account level.
The new sub-account feature offers the following benefits:
- Bitfinex will use the combined trading volume of all linked accounts, offering a shared volume with fee discounts across all accounts based on the cumulative fee tier. For additional information on our fee tiers, visit our fee page.
- The feature will provide users with the capacity to experiment with various trading strategies at the same time. This will enable traders to track their strategies more accurately.
- If a user's account is verified, the customer can decide which sub-account to share verification data, enabling the chosen account to benefit from all the advantages of verification status. Alternatively, each sub-account can be verified individually.
- A user taking advantage of this service will be able to transfer cryptocurrency funds between the master account into the wallet of a chosen sub-account.
When a sub-account is created it will be linked to a user's primary account, which will become the customer's master account. A master account has exclusive authority to set up sub-accounts (with a cap of 100 different accounts). A master account has the capacity to perform a variety of functions, including:
- Switch access to view and make changes to the various sub-accounts (a user's sub-account email has to be verified first in order to perform this function).
- Set security restrictions on sub-accounts.
- Set the desired verification status on each sub-account.
For additional information on the sub-account feature, please visit our knowledge base.
We invite you to share your feedback on the new sub-account feature with us here: https://cs.bitfinex.com