Please check carefully when you're logging in Bitfinex that the url is https://www.bitfinex.com
A malicious phisher registered a website called bitfinex.net and copied our home page. This is not us, just an attempt to steal your password. Thru our lawyers we are trying to ask authorities to shut down this scam.
If you tried to login on bitfinex.net, please change your password as soon as possible. We encourage every user to enable the OTP verification in order to prevent frauds.
Have a good day
The Bitfinex team
In an ongoing effort to better serve our customers, we have rolled out a series of enhancements to the platform designed to make your trading experience at Bitfinex more intuitive, efficient, and cost effective. To that end, we have made the following changes:
1. Announcements Page: Yes, we know, this has been a long time coming, but we have one now. We have a lot of great stuff planned for the future so we anticipate using this feature to communicate to our loyal customer all the cool new features and enhancements coming down the pipeline. We will soon be adding feedback functionality – we want to hear from you!
2. Real-time Liquidity Swap Matching: In the past, matching was done only periodically at intervals sometimes as long as 15 minutes, creating a “crossed” order book for liquidity swaps and making efficient price discovery difficult. We have re-engineered that process to match liquidity swap offers in real-time, dramatically improving the customer experience.
3. Liquidity Swap Time Range: In an effort to provide more information about quotes on the liquidity swap book, we now indicate the range of “days” available on the individual quotes underlying the aggregated quote shown on the website. This information now allows users to interact with quotes more precisely with offering or taking liquidity.
4. Minimum Liquidity Swap Charge: This change actually went into effect several weeks ago, but we thought we would like to take advantage of the new Announcements Page to reiterate what has been communicated in the forums. We have imposed a minimum charge of one hour on any matched liquidity swap to prevent users from inappropriately manipulating liquidity swap offers and creating unnecessary volatility in liquidity swap rates
5. No Crossed Orders: We have made a change that will no longer show so-called “marketable limit orders” on the order book prior to execution. This long requested feature is now in production.
6. Bitstamp Liquidity combined with Bitfinex: Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, we have listened to your feedback and we agree that trying to superimpose two order books with different pricing is confusing, forcing traders to do a lot of extra math when all they really want to do is trade. Going forward, we will no longer be showing “Bitstamp” orders on our book, but rather regular “BFX” orders reflecting Bitstamp liquidity, but priced and grouped in such a way that BFX commission rules can be applied uniformly to all trades on the platform. This change has (or will have) a number of positive side effects, including:
a. Improved API: API users will now be able to see the “re-labeled” Bitstamp order and quotes whereas in the past the API would only show “BFX” orders and trades.
b. Better Interface: A single order book will allow us to redesign the trading interface to be simpler and more intuitive
c. Faster Order Matching: Near real-time order matching is now possible because of the efficiencies we have gained with this change in architecture.
This changes will be implemented within the next few days.
Stay tuned! More is coming as we execute on our plan to make Bitfinex the premier crypto currency trading platform in the world. We thank you for all of your suggestions, your loyalty and your patience while embark on next phase of development as an exchange and a community.
The Bitfinex Team
During the Chinese New Year, from the 31st of January to the 6th of February, our deposit bank will be closed for the holidays. To avoid any disruption of service, we temporarily accept deposits on our other bank account for which details can be found on the Deposit page.
The Bitfinex Team